radio free dodo
When I was a wee one (early 80s), there was a radio program called "Radio Free Dodo". It was just 3 half-hour episodes, about a dodo who hatched in the natural history museum when someone left his egg too close to the radiator. And then he found a microphone that somehow let him broadcast himself over the radio, and started talking, and playing records (which were mostly stories), and singing little songs -- "I'm a dodo, I'm a dodo, you can be a dodo too... walking like the dodos, talking like the dodos do" etc. And then an auk hears him on the radio and comes to keep him company, and then finally another extinct bird hears them and comes too, and so they're a happy little family of extinct birds.
Anyhoodle, I have tried and tried and tried to google the program, with no results. How can that be? So I'm posting this in case anyone else tries googling it. Come and talk to me! Anyone else remember the show fondly? Remember it at all? (Have, by any chance, a digital recording of it?)
Labels: CALLING RADIO FREE DODO, RADIO FREE DODO
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home