my sister is the cutest, and why i am something of a stressball
Because, you ask? Because she wrote a supa cute post about me!
Heh. I think our weight goals and aspirations and acceptance levels are never in sync. Because I was totally happy, and now I'm on the downward slope. Mostly because I haven't run in a while, and because I've been eating too much, and too much sugar, I think. Neither of which has anything to do with my weight, not really (I mean they do, but they don't, and if you don't know what I mean then that's just too bad, I'm too lazy to explain well), but both of which make me feel bad about my weight. And my body.
And I should have been at the library yesterday doing research for my final papers. And instead I went to A.C. Moore and spent a million dollars (Yarn was on sale! How could I not?) and watched a lot of TV (I had to knit!). And I should have graded my students' final papers by now, but I haven't done that either. So, this weekend when I go to DC to visit two friends I haven't seen in FOREVER, I will also bring a kajillion Expos papers. No prob. I'll have nothing to do during the day on Monday and Tuesday anyway, so sitting in Buckys and grading will be a good thing. And I'll do research next Wednesday after I have my final office hours. I'll miss my Expos kids from this semester. I hope I get a good class next semester.
Basically, this is just to say, I love this time of year and I hate this time of year. Christmas? Excellent. Shopping for Christmas? Planning presents? Love, love, love! Being poor? Sucks, clearly. Writing final papers? Boo! Procrastinating, because that's how I roll? Double boo! Stressing about procrastinating? Even worse!
But? This weekend I'm going to DC to see two friends I haven't seen in FOREVER (hee. See above), and that is great and exciting and wonderful. So I should get dressed and get packed and go go go!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home